Christina Harris Schwinn – Partner
Christina Harris Schwinn is a partner with the Pavese Law Firm. Her primary practice areas are employment law, business transactions, condominium and homeowners’ association law, and real estate law. Prior to joining Pavese, she served as General Counsel for two large companies that provided human resource and staffing services: HR Logic, Inc. and The Vincam Group, Inc., which was later acquired by ADP, Inc. As General Counsel for both HR Logic, Inc. and The Vincam Group, she was responsible for managing the legal and legislative affairs and overseeing the Human Resource Departments of both companies. Additionally, she served as a national vice president for AIG Risk Management, Inc., where she was responsible for overseeing the marketing and development of insurance products for the temporary staffing and the professional employer industries.
Over the years, Ms. Schwinn has served in numerous leadership roles in a number of trade organizations and on the boards of many not for profit entities, including the Junior Achievement of Southwest, Florida, the Human Resource Management Association of Southwest Florida, Inc., a SHRM affiliate, serving as its Legislative Director, the Advisory Board for the Small Business Development Council at Florida Gulf Coast University, Southwest Florida Community Foundation’s Women’s Legacy Fund and the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations.
She has a Master of Laws in Employment Law from Atlanta’s John Marshall School of Law, a Master of Laws in Real Property Development and Finance Law from the University of Miami’s Graduate Law Program, a Juris Doctor degree from Thomas M. Cooley Law School, and a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Nevada at Reno with a major in Criminal Justice and an undeclared minor in Psychology.
She has received numerous awards, including the Apex Award Finalist 2016, Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida’s Lifetime Achievement Award for 2015-2016, Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida, Inc.’s Over-the-Edge Achiever Award 2014-2015, Robert F. Krinock Outstanding Senior Award while in law school, and the Michaeline A. Doyle Volunteer Leadership Award from the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations in 2001.
Ms. Schwinn is an accomplished public speaker who speaks frequently to groups on a number of legal topics including employment and community association law, and regularly writes articles that have been published both locally and nationally. Schwinn has served as a volunteer attorney for Gulfcoast Legal Services, Inc. in Sarasota has performed pro bono work for the Lee County Alliance for the Arts, and Dress for Success of SWFL.
- Article – Christina Harris Schwinn, Half-Time or Time and One-Half? Recent Developments Deprive Employees of Their Rightful Overtime Compensation under the FSLA, Northeastern University Law Journal, Vol. 6 No. 2, 411-434.
Ms. Schwinn publishes and posts Articles on timely law topics to the Firm’s website. To view, click here: “Articles”.
- Business & Corporate
- Condominium and Homeowners’ Association Law
- Real Estate
- Civil Litigation
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Florida (2016)
- Federal District Court, Middle District of Florida (2009)
- Florida State Court
- Florida Bar (1991)
- Atlanta’s John Marshall Law School, Master of Laws, Employment Law (LL.M. 2012)
- University of Miami, Master of Laws, Real Property Development and Finance Law (LL.M. 1991)
- Thomas J. Cooley Law School, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude (1990)
- University of Nevada, Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice (1985)
- Truckee Meadows Community College, Associates in Arts (1983)
Bar and Professional Associations
- The Florida Bar
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Committee
- Florida Bar Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee
- Employment Law Committee
- Lee County Bar Association
- Florida Gulf Coast University Small Business Development Council (SBDC) Advisory Board, Past Board Member
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida, Board of Directors and Executive Committee Member
- SHRMA SWFL, Director and Legislative Chair
- Lee County Alliance for the Arts, Member
- Tiger Bay Club of Southwest Florida, Inc., Board Member
- Child Care of Southwest Florida, Inc., Past Board Member
Awards & Recognitions
- Apex Award Finalist 2016
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida’s Lifetime Achievement Award for 2015-2016
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida’s Over-the-Edge Achiever Award 2014-2015
- Robert F. Krinock Outstanding Senior Award from Thomas M. Cooley Law School (1990)
- Michaeline A. Doyle Volunteer Leadership Award from the National Association of Professional Employer Organizations (2001)
- Dress for Success SW Florida, Inc.
- Junior Achievement of Southwest Florida, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties, Inc.
- PACE Center for Girls Lee County, Believe in Girls Society (BIGS), Member
- Southwest Florida Community Foundation; Women’s Legacy Fund – Prima Donor Member