Christopher J. Shields – Partner
Christopher J. Shields joined Pavese Law Firm in 1984 and became a partner in the Firm in 1990. He primarily practices in the areas of subdivision, master planned residential, commercial and mixed use communities and provides legal counsel to numerous developers, builders, community associations and lenders throughout Southwest Florida. Mr. Shields has extensive experience in the design and operation of all aspects of condominium and homeowner developments including obtaining regulatory approvals for developing and marketing these communities. In addition to representing developers, builders, lenders and successor developers, Mr. Shields represents condominium and homeowner associations throughout Southwest Florida and leads the Community Law Section of the Firm.
Mr. Shields is a Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer, Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, and a member of the Florida Bar’s Condominium and Planned Development Committee of the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section. Mr. Shields is a frequent speaker on condominium and real estate law topics, including speaking at The Florida Bar’s advanced community association law seminar April 2009.
Awards & Recognitions
- Board Certified in Real Estate by The Florida Bar
- U.S. News and World Report – Best Lawyers in America (2013-2018)
- Florida Trend Magazine – Legal Elite (2013, 2015-2017)
- Florida Super Lawyers in the Real Estate Edition (2006, 2008-2017)
- Gulfshore Business Magazine named “One of 14 Go To Lawyers in Southwest Florida You Want in Your Corner” (2010)
- 2010 Corporate Counsel Edition (recognizes the top 5 percent of attorneys in 31 states)
- Editorial Board of Gulfshore Business Magazine (1995 to present)
- Bishop Verot Finance Committee (2007-2012)
- Bishop Verot High School Board (2007-2012)
- Chairman, Bishop Verot High School Board (2011-2012)
- Board of Directors and General Counsel to the Lee Building Industry Association (2005-2008)
Mr. Shields and members of his department periodically publish a community law newsletter and recent newsletters that can be found under “Publications”.
Below is a link to articles published in the HOA Leader Publication where Christopher J. Shields is quoted as an experienced attorney in community association law. We invite you to read them for your own interest and information “Articles”.