Diane L. Jensen – Partner
Diane L. Jensen joined Pavese Law Firm in 1973 and became a partner of the firm in 1978. She concentrates her practice in the area of creditor and trustee representation in bankruptcy; real estate transactions; estate planning and probate law.
Ms. Jensen is a member and past chair of the Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professionals Association. She is one of only three trustees in the Fort Myers division of the Middle District to be appointed by the Federal Bankruptcy Court. She was appointed to this position in 1979. She is also a member of the Lee County Bar Association.
Her civic involvement includes serving as a past board member and past chair of the Chamber of Southwest Florida, and she is an honorary life member of the Lee County Unit of the American Cancer Society.
Ms. Jensen is very active in the Pilot Club of Fort Myers and has held several offices. In addition, she has held appointments at the district and international level of Pilot International.
Ms. Jensen has been selected to the list of Best Lawyers in America for 2013-2016 for her practice area in bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization. A listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. For three decades, Best Lawyers® lists have earned the respect of the profession, the media, and the public, as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals anywhere. Ms. Jensen was recognized by Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite in 2015 and 2016.
She holds an AV® Preeminent™ rating in Creditor and Trustee Representation in Bankruptcy by Martindale-Hubbell and has also been selected to the list of Florida Super Lawyers for the past six years (2010-2016), a consumers’ guide that recognizes the top 5 percent of attorneys in each of 31 states as selected by their peers and through the independent study of Law & Politics magazine.
- Bankruptcy – Creditor and Trustee Representation
- Estate Planning, Probate and Trusts
- Real Estate
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Florida (1982)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit (1981)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1976)
- U.S.. District Court of the Middle District of Florida (1974)
- Florida Bar (1972)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 1969; J.D., with honors, 1972)
- Alpha Lambda Delta
- Phi Beta Kappa
Bar and Professional Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Lee County Bar Association
- Southwest Florida Bankruptcy Professionals Association
Awards & Recognitions
- U.S. News and World Report – Best Lawyers in America (2013-2016)
- Florida Trend Magazine – Legal Elite (2015 and 2016)
- Florida Super Lawyers in Creditor and Trustee Representation in Bankruptcy (2010-2016)