Irene Kennedy Quincey – Partner
Irene Kennedy Quincey is the West Palm Beach resident partner of Pavese Law Firm practicing in the areas of environmental law; governmental law; and agricultural law with an emphasis on water law, surface water management, wetlands protection and state and federal permitting.
Irene received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 1975 with high honors and her Juris Doctorate in 1978, both from the University of Florida. She is a member of the Florida Bar and has published and lectured extensively on water resource issues in Florida.
Before joining the firm in 1994, Irene was the Deputy General Counsel with the South Florida Water Management District. In her 16 years at the district she practiced in areas of permitting, rulemaking and water policy development on major water resource issues including Water Supply Planning, Wetland Regulations, Lake Okeechobee SWIM and Everglades Protection.
She holds an AV® Preeminent™ rating in Environmental Law, Natural Resources and Zoning, Planning and Land Use by Martindale-Hubbell.
Irene is a member of the Environmental and Land Use Law Section (Chair 1992-93), Administrative Law Section and Governmental Lawyer Section. Irene is the recipient of the 2002 Bill Sadowski Memorial Public Service Award, the 1994 Claude Pepper Outstanding Government Lawyer Award, the 1988 Stephens/Register Award, and the 1986 and 2000 Judy Florence Memorial Outstanding Service Award.
- Environmental and Water
- Conservation Easements
- Consumptive Water Use Permitting
- Dredge and Fill Permitting
- Endangered Species Evaluations
- Environmental Resource Permitting
- Everglades Restoration
- Minimum Flows and Levels
- Notice of Violation
- State Land Environmental Resource Permitting
- Water Conservation – Year Round Reductions
- Water Quality Discharge Permitting
- Water Use Compliance and Enforcement
- Water Management District Permitting
- Water Shortage and Enforcement
- Water Supply Planning
- Wetland Evaluations
Admitted to Practice
- Florida Bar (1979)
- S. District Court of the Southern District of Florida (1979)
- University of Florida (B.A., with high honors, 1975; J.D., 1978)
Bar and Professional Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Environmental & Land Use Section (Chair 1992-1993)
- Administrative Law Section
- Governmental Lawyers Section
- AWRA Florida Section