Katherine R. English – Partner
Katherine R. English joined Pavese Law Firm in 1994 and became a partner in the firm in 2000. Her practice concentrates primarily on environmental and land use law with an emphasis on seeking and protecting entitlements for larger properties. She has particular experience in working with companies involved in farming and land development.
She practices before state and federal agencies seeking environmental permits for water supply and water management and addressing environmental compliance. She works with the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Southwest Florida Water Management District, South Florida Water Management District, the Army Corps of Engineers, the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and the Natural Resources Conservation Service. She also represents land owners before local governments in Southwest Florida in regard to land use and development authorizations.
She is a native of Southwest Florida and her family has farmed here for more than 100 years. She is committed to the protection of private property rights and supporting the people who produce food and fiber and protect the natural resources of the State of Florida through wise land management.
Ms. English is a member of the American Bar Association and the Lee County Bar Association.
Her community activities include serving on The Florida Farm Bureau Association’s Natural Resources Advisory Committee; past president and member of the board of directors for the University of Florida Leadership and Education Foundation Inc.; chair, American Farm Bureau Federation Issue Advisory Committee on Water and Water Quality; a member of the board of directors for Redlands Christian Migrant Association; chair of the membership committee for SHARE Council for the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agriculture Sciences; and, a member of the board of directors United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties.
- Environmental and Water
- Land Use, Zoning and Local Government
- Real Estate
Admitted to Practice
- Florida Bar
- Walter F. George College of Law at Mercer University, Juris Doctor
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts
Bar and Professional Association Memberships
- The Florida Bar
- Lee County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Wedgworth Leadership Institute Foundation
- Redlands Christian Migrant Association, Board of Directors
- Florida Farm Bureau Federal Water and Natural Resources Advisory Committee
- American Farm Bureau Federation’s Issue Advisory Committee on Water and Water Quality, chair
- University of Florida Leadership and Education Foundation, Board of Directors, Past President
- SHARE Council, Chair of Membership Committee
- United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades Counties, Board of Directors
- Hendry Glades Allocation, Chair
- Building Committee, Chair