Pavese advises clients on all levels of tax matters, including federal, state and local tax matters. We assist clients, in conjunction with their accountants and financial planners on aspects of employment matters, acquisitions and sales of the stock or assets of a business, and all aspects of federal, state and local tax compliance. Our firm also provides representation to clients before federal, state and local tax agencies and courts in conjunction with our litigation group.
Our firm also provides services related to formation and operation of tax exempt entities. We work closely with the client, as well as the client’s accountant and financial advisors, in filing for tax exempt status with the IRS. Whether the entity is a charitable organization registering as a 501(c)(3), an entity registering for tax exemption under another provision of the Internal Revenue Code, or a private foundation, our firm can assist the organization throughout the application process with the IRS. Pavese will also work to ensure that all compliance documents are drafted, advise the client regarding all applicable rules relating to excess benefit transactions or unrelated business taxable income, and ensure tax exempt status for the organization does not lapse.
- Federal income tax planning for individuals and entities
- Representation of taxpayers in disputes with the IRS or Florida Department of Revenue
- Employee benefits and ERISA compliance for 401(k) plans, profit sharing plans, employee benefit plans, and pension and retirement plans
- Planning and preparation for real estate transactions
- State and local tax compliance with regard to Sales and Use Tax, Intangibles Tax, Tangible Personal Property Tax, and Ad valorem and real property taxes
- Planning and compliance for tax exempt organizations